I am so very pleased to announce that I feel that we've all come a long way in terms of this game project :D. So far the main concept/context has been pretty much agreed on as well as the artwork style. I'll just make a few summaries here and there in terms of the different areas of this projects development. Points made with a "(?)" are some ideas that I have.
- Adobe Flash AS3
- 3rd person
- Phoenix Wright inspired gameplay.
- (?) Hotel Dusk 'squiggle' animation combined with PW frame by frame animation.
- (?) Cutscenes are Broken Saints/The World Ends With You style
- Point and click/Visual novel
- Horror/puzzle game based on the Hungry Ghost Festival.
- Set in modern times.
- (?) DS inspired interaction (Remember in Michelle/Emma's grad show there was a Flash program where if you blew into the mic, the leaves blew off the tree? Maybe we could also incorporate that in specific places. We'd obviously have to do a version where no mic is available for the player).
JDWasabi: I shall be coming up with a script soon and when it's done I'll have to discuss it with everyone. That way we'll know which parts are cutscenes and which are game dialogue which'll then cut out the amount of programming needed.
Mike: Sorry, you seem to be the designated code monkey however! You're highly crucial to the team as I'd like you to research some game engines like Ren'Py and fiddle about with it. At the moment I think looking up technical aspects for the game such as: save/load modes, volume control, mute on/off function for audio in AS3 will be a good start. Don't feel like you're the only one stuck on this job, I'll help you as much as you can while doing the writing and if anyone else wants to help out by all means do so! Thanks again man!
Michelle/Emma/Rumzi: Thank you so much for your awesome contributions so far, I don't think I would be at this stage without everyone ^-^.
Now that the context/concept has been mostly settled I'd like you guys to maybe start browsing some more artwork and perhaps do some random concept art. Remember you don't have to feel obliged to do this at all because I know you're all busy with your own stuff <3. If you're ever bored and/or have a sudden awesome idea for concept art/background/character designs or anything creative in which you'd like to contribute you're very free to do so. As with Mike, I shall be doing as much as I can on top of the writing/storyboarding and once that's out of the way I shall dedicate all my time in helping both you guys and Mike in the programming department.
Once again thank you so much, <3 you all!
ps Not bad for 8 days worth of brainstorming!! :p
Rough schedule so far:
- Engine prototype/artwork/animation/ testing
- audio making/implementation / testing
- final product/ testing
Aimed finish date: SEPTEMBER-ISH!