Hey gang this is the general plot so far. Once this is written up I'll start writing out the actual script for it. Looking forward to it! As always feel free to chuck in any more ideas to it. Oh yeh, I STILL NEED A TITLE :O!!
Note: [CS] = Cut scene where it'll be animated [GCS] I was thinking of having this as an in-game cut scene (cut scene which is not as fully animated as [CS]).
- [CS] Yu is on the train writing on his blog (player learns a little about the main character and his situation).
- Laptop dies so Yu decides to explore the train for a drink while he waits for his laptop to charge up again.
- [GCS]Just as he's about to get his drink, the phone rings. It's his sister Kemi.
- After getting his drink, Yu goes back to his room.
Day2: [Day of the festival]
- [CS] Yu is reading a magazine explaining about Ghost Month and gets interrupted.
- Some sort of (semi) creepy commotion happens on the train which requires Yu's medical attention. He hesitates a little at first but gets over it. Everyone half jokes about the accident because of the month but really everyone is slightly un-easy about it. My idea was to have it involving a kid or a beautiful woman or maybe both...haven't really thought about it yet.
- [GCS] Just as you are about to go back to your room, Kemi phones again but this time in a very urgent matter. Yu gets disconnected before he is able to uncover any information and tries to call her back until his phone dies.
- [CS] Montage of Yu's blog/monologue (blogologue?) about how uneasy he was about the whole situation and plans to go back to his place to drop off his luggage, grab spare phone batteries and leg it to Kemi's place. Also a montage of him legging it into his house. (On the day of the festival, streets are deserted by this time and there will be hardly any travelling).
- Yu drops off his stuff and notices that he has a voice message on Kemi so he listens to it. Kemi says that she is fine and that she apologies for worrying and scaring Yu.
- Slightly unsatisfied, Yu calls Kemi again to confirm (after finding batteries next to the phone) but again couldn't get through. Weighing up the situation, Yu decides to leave Kemi alone for the day and will drop by her place the coming morning to double check.
- [GCS] He sends a quick prayer to his little altar for the festival in the meantime.
- Routine moment for Yu, starting off at his house. Players learn how to use the MAP function on Yu's phone to teleport to Kemi's house. Players also get the opportunity to explore Yu's humble abode.
- After ringing the door bell several times and getting annoyed that Kemi seemed to have dropped off the communicative radar, Yu's phone rings. It's Kemi!
- [GCS] Kemi again apologies and assures her brother that she is fine. She offers to meet up with him the day after tomorrow and treat him to dinner at his place. Yu agrees and goes home.
- Players can explore the house again before deciding to go to bed.
Day4: [Murder incident occurs but very fragmented]
- Players can explore Yu's house to pass the time and decide what he should cook for lunch/dinner.
- Players can explore Yu's house to pass the time and decide what elaborate meal to cook for Kemi.
- Hours go by and Yu's on edge again with phoning Kemi but also weighing up the situation with plausible reasoning.
- Door bell rings. Yu answers it in hopes that it is finally Kemi.
- [GCS] Turns out it's the police who questions Yu about Kemi's whereabouts and her boss. Players can possibly choose how to answer the police but it'll be the same result. Yu finds that Kemi has been missing for the pass three days and is taken to the precinct for further questioning.
- [CS] Cue Yu's Blogologue of how it's impossible for Kemi to be missing since three days ago as he spoke to her on the phone two days ago.
THEN WHO WAS PHONE??
Thus begins the players investigation...